Pineapple, Mango and Orange Smoothie

Pineapple, Mango and Orange Smoothie

It’s another cloudy rainy day here today, and I’m really in need of some sunshine.  I decided the best way to get it would be to create it in a drink.  So after looking in the freezer and finding some pineapple and mango chunks, I decided to make a Pineapple, Mango and Orange Juice Smoothie. Delicious! Now if I only had some sand and water maybe I could feel like I was on a tropical island…

Pineapple, Mango and Orange Smoothie

I’m beginning to really enjoy smoothies, they are healthy, filling, quick to make and provide you with a good dose of vitamins.  What’s really great is that you can use fresh or frozen fruit, just open your refrigerator or freezer and take a look at what you have, you can create so many different variations depending on what you have on hand.  I actually prefer the texture of smoothies when I use frozen fruit.  It makes it so thick and creamy, it feels like you are having a frozen treat!

Here is my recipe for sunshine in a glass.

Pineapple, Mango and Orange Smoothie

• Servings: 2-3
  • Time: 5 minutes
  • Difficulty: very easy

Author: Sweet and Savoury Pursuits

Ingredients:

• 2 cups frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup of ice cubes (optional)

Directions:

In a blender, add pineapple, mango, yogurt, orange juice and 1 cup of ice cubes.  Blend on high until all ingredients are well blended.  Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

18 thoughts on “Pineapple, Mango and Orange Smoothie

1. Jhuls May 8, 2014 at 7:12 am Reply

This looks absolutely refreshing!! I would love to have a glass! :D

2. simplyvegetarian777 May 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm Reply

Beautiful and soothing drink !

3. theseasonedtraveler May 6, 2014 at 7:43 am Reply

So refreshing and nutritious – a great treat to bring to Fiesta Fridays!

4. Johnny / Kitschnflavours May 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm Reply

Delicious. This is why I need a suitable blender.

Oh, and 17C is warm! It hasn’t even been anywhere near that over here yet. Apart from today I’ve been wearing Winter clothing. I do have a beach just down the street though!

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits May 5, 2014 at 10:47 pm Reply

Thanks. Well, let’s keep our fingers crossed that it only gets warmer. I hope you’ll be able to enjoy the beach soon enough! Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

5. confusedbawarchis May 5, 2014 at 1:29 pm Reply

Ohh these smoothies look good. And yes, I think we all could do with some sunshine now. Had it with the winters. :/

6. saucygander May 5, 2014 at 11:40 am Reply

That is gorgeous! Sunshine in a cup indeed. Your tea towel matches the stripey straws, that is way cute! Thanks for bringing drinkable sunshine to Fiesta Friday! Now if only I can get Patty’s sunshine and your smoothie through the phone screen… :-D

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits May 5, 2014 at 6:17 pm Reply

Thanks! Well Patty did send some sunshine my way yesterday and it actually worked, we are having lovely sunny day today! Finally :)

7. Patty Nguyen May 4, 2014 at 11:54 pm Reply

Your smoothie sounds so refreshing, Fida! Very tropical and summer-y! :D

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits May 4, 2014 at 11:57 pm Reply

Thanks Patty! I only wish I could bring summer on a bit quicker with this smoothie, I’m afraid it hasn’t even started to feel like spring here :(

• Patty Nguyen May 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

It felt like summer here in CA last week! I was dripping sweat for two days straight. We were in the 90s! Luckily we’ll be back in the 70s this week. Want me to send you some of my sunshine?? :D

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits May 5, 2014 at 12:02 am

Oh, my goodness, I think the warmest it’s been so far here in the National Capital Area of Canada was 17C. Yes, please send me some of your sunshine!!!

• Patty Nguyen May 5, 2014 at 12:03 am

That’s not very warm at all! Yikes! Sending our sunshine your way right now! :)

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits May 5, 2014 at 12:10 am