Coffee Smoothie

Coffee Smoothie

Here is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy coffee smoothie that will help you get your day started! You will need some cold coffee for this, so if you want to be ready to make this in the morning I recommend you brew some coffee the night before and refrigerate it so that its nice and chilled the next morning and you can be drinking your smoothie in 5 minutes!

Coffee Smoothie

I enjoyed this smoothie just as the recipe is written, but you can add or eliminate ingredients depending on your own preferences. For instance, if you don’t like your coffee sweet you may leave out the honey from the recipe entirely or if you like it extra sweet then you may want to add a bit more. And if you like your smoothie extra thick you may want to put in a full banana, but if you do, then you may also need to adjust the amount of the other ingredients.

Coffee Smoothie

Coffee Smoothie

• Servings: 2 small or 1 large
  • Time: 5 minutes
  • Difficulty: very easy

Author: Sweet and Savoury Pursuits

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup cold coffee
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favourite milk)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 Tbs. natural peanut butter (or regular peanut butter)
  • 1 Tbs. cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 2 tsp. honey (or other sweetener)
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1 cup of ice cubes

Directions:

In a blender, add cold coffee, almond milk, half a banana, peanut butter, cocoa, honey, a dash of cinnamon and 1 cup of ice cubes.  Blend on high until all ingredients are well blended.  Serve immediately.

If you are a fan of anything coffee flavoured, take a look at this incredibly easy dessert!

Sweet and Savoury Pursuits is now on Facebook. Like us on Facebook to follow Sweet and Savoury Pursuits!

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Coffee Smoothie

1. Eleanore Brickell September 28, 2014 at 6:49 am Reply

I think I will make this after my run, sounds delicious!!

Eleanore
    Doubletroublekitchenedition.com

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits October 2, 2014 at 10:43 am Reply

Hope you liked it! Sorry it took a bit for me to reply, a couple of your comments ended up in my spam folder :(

2. puree juice bar April 29, 2014 at 1:15 pm Reply

love this! it’s been cold here but ice coffee season is soon to be upon us and we need all we can get to survive dc summer. :)

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits April 29, 2014 at 9:01 pm Reply

The weather hasn’t been very spring like here as well, I’m hoping things will change soon and I’ll have more opportunities for cold drinks!

3. chefjulianna April 24, 2014 at 4:18 pm Reply

Wow, this sounds like a perfect morning drink! I can’t wait to try it! :D

4. Pam April 24, 2014 at 12:09 pm Reply

I want one asap!!

5. Myrna April 24, 2014 at 10:06 am Reply

This is a great smoothie. I added half a ripe avocado to mine.

6. Patty Nguyen April 22, 2014 at 11:18 pm Reply

That looks like one refreshing drink! Funny story–coffee makes me sleepy. Can you believe it? So annoying when I need to wake up! (Like right now when I’m supposed to be packing for my trip to Portland, and all I want to do is sleeeep.) ;)

• Sweet and Savoury Pursuits April 22, 2014 at 11:38 pm Reply

Actually, sometimes if I have coffee in the evening, it will do nothing to keep me up either, I think it has to do with the warm drink. Enjoy your trip to Portland :)

• Patty Nguyen April 22, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I will! Thank you! (Still haven’t packed and it’s almost 9…hehe!)